Troubleshoot HP 8710 Printer | Resolve HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Issues
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer model
HP OfficeJet 8710 printer is a perfect choice to get professional quality prints at a lower cost comparing to other laser printers. Are you going to feed the high volume of document printing works for your printer and as well as expecting multiple features? Then the answer is HP 8710 printer. Go through the below information to know more about how to Troubleshoot HP 8710 Printer Issues.
The basic features are fax, copy, scan and you can manage all your works with the touch screen control panel.
Wireless and mobile printing
No more aggravating situations with multiple wired connections. With wireless mode, you can simply connect your printer to the Wi-Fi internet network in which your computer had connected and take instant prints.
Mobile printing is now a trending one, and HP 8710 offers you this. Instantly connect your mobile with your printer and print any photos or documents that you have on your mobile.
Your job is to take prints only, and don’t need to worry about ink shortage in your printer. Your 8710 Printer is capable of ordering ink cartridges on their own by the instant ink feature. So, whenever you are running out of ink for your works, the ink cartridges will be on your doorstep.
Addition to these features, there are other multiple options like AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, ink & paper saver, web services etc.
Troubleshoot HP 8710 Printer Issues
For supply system Problem error
- Reset the printer
- Remove and again insert the ink cartridges
- Replace the printhead
For Black or Color Ink Not Printing, & print quality troubles
- Uninstall the existing printer driver and reinstall
- Ensure you are using only the HP brand ink cartridges
- Also, ensure you have given the right paper quality as input for your printer
- Check your print settings and estimated ink levels
- Replace the low/empty ink cartridges with filled one
For ‘No connection’ error
- Tap the ‘wireless option’ in the control panel
- Click the ‘setup’ icon
- Select the ‘restore network settings’ and click ‘yes’
- Enter a new network name, give the password and end the Process
For carriage jam error
- In the first place, remove the jammed paper from the printer
- Ensure your carriage is moving freely in the printer
- After that, remove the ink cartridges and then insert after a while
- Otherwise, reset the printer
For ‘printer is offline’ error in Windows
- Install the HP scan and doctor software and check out the connectivity
- Manually select the default printer and then troubleshoot the printer connection
For ‘network scanner connection’ error
- In most cases, by running the print and scan doctor software, this error can be fixed
- If even the error prevails, reinstall the printer software
- Check out the windows image acquisition settings